Saturday, December 31, 2005

Happy New Year, Beat ncst!

Well, just got back from cruising blogcity. It's now officially New Years eve and I suppose I should blabber on about what a great year it's been and all that and I guess I will at some point but first...

I stopped off at Bane's place (he's one sick puppy but ya' gotta love him) to see what he's up to. He had a link to Lil Toni (who's also got a little different take on things but who is infininatly better looking and besides she's a Southern Lady). She linked to an article in the Washington Post quoting our Capt B. It's good to see him get some press but I wish they would focus on the meat of his writing.




Tomorrow is a long awaited day. Not because of the New Year but because the South Florida Bulls football team is finally playing in a bowl game. I graduated from USF which at one time was listed by Guinness as the largest university in the world without a football team. Nine short years ago the program started in a trailer near what used to be swampland. O.K. I exaggerated the swampland part. Leroy Selmon is the athletic director and has done a fantastic job developing the program. He and his brother used to come in the Sambo's restaurant I was managing in north Tampa when they were playing for the Bucs back in the day.

They are playing in the Meineke Car Care Bowl in Charlotte, NC just two hours down the road.
It's all I can do to keep from jumping in the Toyota and heading south. However, since love of my life only returned from Raleigh this evening and doesn't care for football, even if it is the Bulls, I will be content to don my South Florida football t-shirt and plop myself in front of the TV. I'm sure it will be telecast in this area since they are playing ncs.

Go Bulls!!!

So it has been a good year. My love and I found our dream home in the mountains. We have been blessed with good health and Wanda's new job holds lots of promise. We have made many new friends and some of them actually think we're "cool". Go figure? I have expanded my horizons with this plum psychedelic blogging thing. Now when my Bulls win today it will be the perfect ending to a perfect year. God is good!

I will raise a glass of my favorite bourbon and drink to happiness, health and prosperity to all of you fellow bloggers in the New Year while I watch South Florida decimate UNC.

5 Comments:

Blogger GUYK said...

Well, there was SOME swamp there as well as a bunch of orange groves before the school was built.

I am a fan of the Bulls and they have come a long ways in the past nine years. I kind of figure that in another four or five years they will be spoken of in the same paragraph with the perennial good teams of Fl such as the FSU, Miami U and the gators--who are ugly and dey mommas dress 'em funny

HAVE A HAPPY NEW YEAR!

9:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you are drinking too much of that cheap vodka!

9:09 AM  
Blogger The MacBean Gene said...

There is no such thing as too much cheap vodka.

Guy, you and I agree on just too much. I see the sme future for the Bulls. Abd as for the gators, they also have Morgan warts and excessive toe jam.

9:34 AM  
Blogger Bonita said...

Have a great New Year, and I hope your team wins. We'll be watching "March of the Penguins" at my daughter's home to celebrate...pretty tame here.

9:50 AM  
Blogger Cowtown Pattie said...

And a happy 2006 to you and Wanda!

7:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home