Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Tagged For Eight At One Hundred

My friend at Reflections From Ra who've I known for years from the Baltimore days has tagged me. I don't know if that's a good thing or not but the subject is eight things I look for in a lover/partner. If a picture is truly worth a thousand words this should suffice. Anyway this my one hundredth post so I guess it should be something memorable.

OK, guess I'll have to use the thousand words. Just lost half of you didn't I. These aren't in any particular order as they are the product of my unordered mind.

1. Intelligence. I knew she was because she found me. I had nothing to do with it. I would have some how botched it up .

2. Sense of humor. See above.

3. Cleanliness. Now this woman is clean! She picks up my crumbs, tells me to wash my hands and last night I had to change my shirt because I got some dirty laundry against it. I kid her about it but wouldn't have it any other way.

4. Inner beauty. My wife has the most beautiful soul. Her thoughtfulness is amazing. Her care for me is inspiring. She radiates her selflessness for all to see.

5. Outer beauty. I tell her she is. She tells me, "You so kind". I tell her, "I'm an artist, I know beauty". Don't get me wrong on this, I have a nephew who finds beauty in the Reubinesque shape. It's really in the eye of the beholder.

6. Spirituality. She has a very strong faith in God. One of her first questions to me was, "Are you a Christian"?
Her father was notorious for the biblical quote, "Wives obey your husbands". I guess it took because she follows my lead in all the important decisions. I can hear the gasps now, but let me finish that biblical quote,
" And husbands love your wife even as Christ loved his church". Christ loved his church enough to give up his life. That's the way I feel about it. Notice however I say the "important decisions", the less important are a different story.

7. Determination. When Wanda wants something there's no stopping her. Going shopping together is like taking a kid. She will preserver till all hope is gone and the rekindle the hope. I must admit there is a fine line between preserverence and stubbornness.

8. Faithfulness. We're joined at the hip. Nuf said? Our first five months here on Groundhog Mountain we were not separated for more than an hour or two. Now you know it's real when you can be that close to your partner that much of the time and not wind up in divorce court. Even now we find it difficult to be apart.

So there you have it. Could I have found anyone with all these qualities with out Gods help, I don't think so. Oh yeah, we have little spats but they're futile because neither one of us is going anywhere.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is the most beautiful thing I've ever read.

SWMBO is a VERY lucky lady.

(And congratulations on your 100th post!)

10:18 PM  
Blogger The MacBean Gene said...

Thanks for the supulatives Ra. I'm the lucky one.

5:55 AM  
Blogger Bonita said...

I hope you show her this sweet testimony...you are a fortunate man to cherish his wife.

7:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, what a beauuuuuuutifully written post! You and your wife are so lucky to have each other. She sounds like a peach :)
I've really enjoyed reading through your previous posts tonight as well. I'll be back!! :)

7:32 PM  
Blogger D L Ennis said...

Sounds like you are both lucky indeed! My wife and I have had the greatest relationship that I could have ever hoped for, 22 years and we're still on our honeymoon!
DL

7:57 PM  
Blogger The MacBean Gene said...

Bonita, I am indeed fortunate. But I have a suspicion you and George are in the same boat.

Thanks for stopping by, Laura, I enjoy your posts about my home town quite a bit. I just rearranged my blog roll and neglected to add Vitamin Sea. I shall correct that oversight. And yes, she's the fruit and I'm the nut.

And D L, I would wish you 22 more years of happy honeymooning but that doesn't seem like quite enough. Maybe 22 x 2!

8:26 PM  
Blogger The MacBean Gene said...

Gosh Laura, must have been a senior moment. I did have you on my roll.

8:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home