Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Gotcha

With the advent of snow the bird feeder has been a popular spot. Several fat Titmice, Chickadees and Nuthatch are regular visitors. Fisal, the attack cat, usually reclines by the glass doors and watches the activity. This morning a Nuthatch must have been a little bored and wanting some fun hopped from the feeder, to parade back and forth outside the door immediately in front of the tantilized cat. Of course Fisal was not about to take this laying down (which she was) and discovered she was simply banging her head against the door as the Nuthatch continued to hop back and forth on the other side. Actually she only hit the door once, she is a quick teach. The Nuthatch laughed and flew back to the feeder.

2 Comments:

Blogger Bonita said...

Isn't it great to be a bird-watcher. I never tire of listening to the ones at our feeder, and of watching the antics. Soon, the big Stellar Jays will be prancing in the trees in the yard, pulling at the new buds.

8:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by our blog.

I would have loved to see some photos of the birds - and cat. Can't really translate some of the birdnames to swedish... I think I have to try to find them on the internet, I'm so curious.

I've been feeding the birds (a lot of speices!) at my old house before. It went so far that I was ending up as the mother of the newborn little birds, they flow around my head when I came out!

They did eat from my hand and was flying in to my house too if I left the door open and hadn't put out enough of food for them. I had a bowl with penauts in the hallway and they found their way there without my attention.

When I moved, the new owners had to take over the feeding, I'm sure that the birds didn't leave them alone until they did! Don't know if that made me popular....

At my new home, I only feed them from time to time, don't want them to get too used to it, because we've been travelling so much.

I like to wake up in the mornings and listen to the bird song.

They are living creature they too and this is a free world we have to share with them.

On the other hand, cats have their behaviour they too and that is exciting hunting...

It's interesting watching animals.

I love most animals, just don't want reptiles too close to me :-)

9:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home