Friday, February 10, 2006

Another Tag, Thanks Binty

My Scottish connection, Binty McShea who has been exiled to Singapore for failing to meet his quota for drinking the water of life while eating chocolate, has tagged me. I guess in the interest of international harmony, I'll comply. Seven Movies I like:

The Duelists
Gladiator
Master and Commander
Road to Perdition
Amadeus
Lord of The Rings (the triogy; I could cheat and count that as three)
Midnight In the Garden of Good and Evil

Seven Books:

The Bible
"Crazy Horse" by Maria Sandoz
"David" by Juan Bosch
"Love in the Time of Cholera" by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
"History of Food" by Maguelonne Toussantsaint-Samat
"Waterloo" by David Howarth
"The Power of Myth" by Joseph Campbell

Seven things I say:

"Yes, dear"
"Damn, these single malts are expensive"
"Good wine, cheap"
"Have you seen my _______? " (fill in the blank)
"Cigarette time"
"The cat made that mess"
"I did wash my hands"

Seven things that attract me to the city

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
(that was easy)

Seven things I'd like to do before I die

Live another 65 years
Wear a kilt to Hillsville
Write something that makes sense
Convert all the Muslims to Christianity
Convert all the Christians to Christianity
Visit the MacBeane homestead at Loch Ness
Own an olive grove in Tuscany

Seven things I can't do

Play sports
Understand women, cats or html
Say "crooked tree creek" real fast more than twice
Bite my toenails
Climb a rope
Juggle

Seven people to tag

Don't know seven people

4 Comments:

Blogger Sean said...

Uisge Beatha! The water of life. Reminds me of the song Finnegan's Wake.

Sean

6:00 PM  
Blogger The MacBean Gene said...

One of the explanations of the name MacBeane is that it comes from the "Beatha" part, Sean

7:26 PM  
Blogger Binty McShae said...

Failing to meet my quota!!!??? Slanderous, I tell ye - I'll sue! More likely 'twas my encroachment on other folks quotas that got me a one-way-to-half-way-to Van Diemans Land!!!

2:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We just LOVE that adorable sign!!!!

9:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home