Thursday, August 24, 2006

I'm Back

Several months ago a large black cloud engulfed Villa MacBeane. It took the form of a job which drained all energy and positive thoughts. Long hours, constant driving and engaging in activities which offended our sensibilities became unbearable and caused a lethargy leading to a mental shutdown. All which was not of absolute necessity ceased. Communication became a unwelcome occupation as it connected us to the door to door interruption of other peoples routine. E-mails, the phone and last but not least the blog were ignored.

I am touched by the concern shown at my absence. Little did I realize that other bloggers would show such caring about my well being. I apologize for my sudden disappearance.

Although the cloud still lingers, sunlight is breaking through as a new job is in the offing which we start on the 5th of September. We have given our notice and that has lifted the spirits.

As those of you who have been following our adventures know both Wanda and I are practicing Christians and as such have had many discussions about why our Lord gave us such a difficult and alien job which paid little for the hours involved. A great portion of our income was spent on gas. But somehow we were provided for. Our cash flow was negative but we were eating steak which was given us. Some time ago I had prayed for an increase in faith. That was the lesson being taught. Throughout this difficult time we lacked nothing.

Even more, the seven months on the job allowed us to refinance our home at a lower interest rate which we were planning on doing since we moved here and pay off our cars in the bargain. It also gave us the necessary credentials for the new job which was offered the day after the refinance was completed.

So there you have it. I'll be around to say hello and promise not to leave without letting one and all know.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're back!!!! And we're sooo happy over that! We missed you a lot! *jumping up and down*

Even though my brain is on the run away path, I suspected something like this and I'm soooo glad that things is working out now for both of you.

Now, I only say this once (or twice.... or.... ;-)

CHEERS to your come back!!!!

9:47 AM  
Blogger The MacBean Gene said...

Thanks for the welcome back. Kasia, I appreciate the fact you seemed concerned. And Lifecruiser, I knew you would figure it out.

10:54 AM  
Blogger threecollie said...

Delighted to see you back and hope the possible new job turns out to be more pleasant and promising.
Lovely puppies too!

11:59 AM  
Blogger Leslie Shelor said...

Glad you're back; I haven't been around because of the *shudder* cockroaches!

3:03 PM  
Blogger benning said...

Welcome back! Glad to hear things are looking up. :D

6:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home