Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Update On Lem (and other things)

Leam, better known as Lem to those of us who are more countrified, is still with us. The folks who were to come and pick him up haven't. Wandas sister and her Cuban born husband are coming down from Baltimore this weekend and are interested in taking him to the big city. He's a very sweet dog who now has discovered the house inside and really, yes, really likes it.

My 85 year old mother was convinced to have a colonoscomy Monday last. Coming out of the anesthesia she asked the attending nurse, do all a**holes look alike? She also told her, you can say you work with a**holes all day and really mean it. That's my Mom.

We learned a work yesterday as an incentive to get more people to pass the very deceptive Virginia insurance licensing test the company was giving an additional $200 dollar bonus which we, since already licensed, will get automatically. Came home and our auto insurance carrier said we had overpaid and they were sending us a substantial refund and in addition we didn't owe any payment till December. God is good.

It's Wednesday and time for my weekly date with the garbage. Must go roll it down the driveway. And that is the way I start this new day.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sean said...

My wife's cousin is an assistant at a gastroenterologists' practice in Winchester, VA. When I bumped into her at a Sheetz (oh, the irony) Gas Station one morning, I noticed her nurses outfit and asked her what her job entails. She replied, in a loud declarative voice, that "Oh, I go to work and look at butts all day."

3:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha ha ha, I think I LOVE your Mom!!!

She is invited to our special club ;-)

11:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home