Sunday, July 13, 2008

There is a comfort in the gentle rain. You hear it in the canopy before the first drops discolor the wood deck. Once the leaves become saturated it plays off the metal roof and then all together the various textures produce a variety of sounds. Seldom are our showers boisterous and violent. However there is a Thunder Ridge and a Lightening Ridge which give testimony to an occasional passing torrent.

Tonight the rain is welcome. It reminds me of other nights when we would lay in bed and fall asleep to the steady sound of imperceptible whispers from the mountain. The rain stops and the breeze releases onto the roof a brief patter surrendered by the trees.

"In quietness and in trusting confidence I find strength"
ISAIAH 30:15

5 Comments:

Blogger Kasia Fiołek said...

I love the saying “I love walking in the rain, 'cause then no-one knows I'm crying". Which is so true.
*Hugs*

2:34 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Beautiful words.
Thank you,
Betty G

9:46 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Our rain yesterday was so welcome.
We have been promised rain for days and days and it finally came yesterday.
I could see it but not hear it. I am so near deaf that I miss hearing almost everything.
I have TV Ears, they are great, but nothing for the radio and so it blares out every day.
I hate wearing hearing aids.
Betty G

5:52 AM  
Blogger benning said...

Give me rain drumming down, thunder rumbling, lightning flashing and I am content.

How you doin'?

11:21 AM  
Blogger The MacBean Gene said...

One thing I loved about Florida was those spectacular thunderstorms.

5:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home