Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Here, There and Wednesday




It's one of those mornings on Groundhog Mountain. The weather gods can't make up their mind. It's a brisk, friendly cold. The sun, dodging in and out of the clouds, gives a sort of kaleidoscope effect to the landscape. The pic on the left is taken from the front of the house and the one on the right from the back. The dramatic changes in elevation cause sun and shadow fight with other for attention. It's like those Florida thunderstorms where a monsoon is happening out the back door and the sun is shining out the front.

Talk about extremes? Try this.

I've set thousands of tables when I was working as "foodie". Anywhere from several to several hundred. Several hundred was an assembly line kind of procedure. Put down the forks then put down the knives then fold and put down the napkins and on and on. For those of you who are place settingly challenged here you go.

This one is for Cowtown Pattie and Guy K. or any other cowpolks out there.

Back when my eyes were a little better I spent a lot of time assembling and painting military miniatures. I have a lot of respect for people who do miniatures in what ever medium. And when it's coupled with my enjoying "Lord Of The Rings" . ..wow! Thanks to (would you believe) Bane (enter at your own risk) for the link.

5 Comments:

Blogger Bonita said...

I need a whole day to got through all this good stuff - the doll houses, the Lee and Grant miniatures, and the sea and sky galleries. I'm glad they are here - and I'll put them on favorites for later. Those sky galleries are going to be my first stop.

12:11 PM  
Blogger GUYK said...

Cowboy poetry is about the only kind that I read. Thanks for the link-I have it on my favorites bar and go there once in a while to see whats new.

1:06 PM  
Blogger Cowtown Pattie said...

Thanks, Davie, m'boy!

Have you ever heard of Red Stegall or Baxter Black?

7:57 PM  
Blogger The MacBean Gene said...

Pattie, I'm afraid I'm not as connoseur of Cowboy poetry, like you and Guy. I've always enjoyed it but I am as with many things somewhat unenlightened.

5:44 AM  
Blogger GUYK said...

I'm not a connoseur I just like it. Some of it is serious stuff but mostly it just tells a story without the hideen meaning that so many poets try to allude to. "Started up the train a herdin' cattle: means just that and nothing else.

11:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home