Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Waiter! OH, WAITER!!!

There's something infectious about the hospitality industry. Once you get the service disease it's very difficult to get rid of. It's like you get Frymax in your blood or maybe it's because once you get a little experience a job is always available. Makes things like herniated bittum battums and morgan warts seem very easy to cure. One of my favorite reads, Waiter Rant an excellent writer, has a post that kind of explained what it is about this profession that makes it so captivating.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy valentines! send this to 15 people in the next 20 minutes and your true love will kiss you on Febuary 14th! don't break the chainor you'll have a bad life with no love forever! send it

5:41 AM  
Blogger Bonita said...

There are Claudes at the entrance of any good restaurant...when my husband quit one of his jobs, we celebrated at a local fish-hangout, Harbor Lights, and the guy by the front door asked for our left-overs. We told him we needed them, and wished him luck.

3:47 PM  
Blogger Rurality said...

Waiter Rant is great! I love reading him.

5:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ummm I don't know if this is a good thing or not but last night I rented this movie called, "Waiting" and it was about the antics of a very lively crew at a restaurant...kinda like a Chilli's.

It was soooo dumb but I laughed my BUTT off. The last job I held was waitressing..definite step down in my career but I had hit a snag with the housewife thing...just wanted to get out of the house for a few hours a week so I threw back on my waitressing shoes...BRIEFLY too I might add...

People who work in hospitality/food industry are diamonds in the ruff if you ask me.....it takes a special breed to be able to put up with all the crap they do....

BTW I enjoyed the rant you had posted...always enjoy that kind of stuff..

10:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home