Monday, January 29, 2007

Baby, It's Cold Outside!

There's this spot on the Parkway just down from the Mabry Mill where the ice comes early and stays late. Water seems to seap from the rock face and freeze.



Winter has come to the mountains. It's 7 degrees down in Galax this morning. It's a much warmer 14 down the mountain the other way in Mt. Airey. A dusting of snow lays on the ground and as things go we have ran out of gas for the fireplace.



Since I've tried for an hour to download some pictures and have only been able to get this one I'll post the others later.

4 Comments:

Blogger threecollie said...

Pretty picture! I have been having trouble uploading too. Nothing seems to workd

4:13 AM  
Blogger The MacBean Gene said...

Thanks 3C, I usually have a wait but nothing like Monday AM

4:24 AM  
Blogger benning said...

Heck, that's plenty! Looks very cold.

We've had some upper 30s/lower 40s temperatures in recent days. After 30 years in Southern California and West Central Florida, I no longer have the ability to slip into "winter mode". I love the crispness of the air, but I get the shivers very quickly.

On the plus side: the more ups and downs of hot and cold weather that we get, the fewer nasty insects we have in the summer! Yay!

3:24 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Absolutely beautiful!!

Betty G

5:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home