Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Footnote To Black History

So Joe Biden got in trouble for calling Obama "clean". Now us white folks usually don't understand the meaning of that word in the black community. "Clean" is not only clean, it's well dressed, well groomed. It's dressed for success. I wonder if Joe realized that when he uttered his remark. And then there's clean as in uncorrupted. I don't know but I really can't imagine of any politician as that kind of clean.

Now two people I know are "clean" are Lovie Smith and Tony Dunge. What an example are these two men. They prove that nice guys can finish first. What is more important to me is that they publicly credit their success to God and give him the glory. I read a comment by some lost soul who objected to "people trying to put their superstitious beliefs on the rest of us". Sorry pal, but unlike you, who have no authority to object except your own opinion, Christians are given the obligation to let the world know of a loving Spirit who can accomplish all things for those who love Him. So either get over it or relax and get the joy.

Just as the winning the Superbowl will put a city on the map, it will also give credibility to the coaches and teams who not only win but also play. It all seems to be coming together during black history month. For the first time two black coaches in the big game and a black man who has at least a chance for the presidency. It's also kind of interesting that like the crossover popular Tiger Woods, Barak Obama is bi-racial. What's even more telling is the very popular Lovie and Tony are not.

2 Comments:

Blogger GUYK said...

Dungy and Smith are both class acts and I have the utmost respect for both..but I cannot say that Obama..I don't trust him any more than I do any politician and less than I do most..the only way he would get my vote would be if it was between him and Hilary Clinton..at least Obama has not tried to rip off the White House Furniture..yet..

It doesn't make any difference to me about a person's religious belief..I can and will respect it provided they respect mine..that is what freedom of and from religion is all about..

9:50 AM  
Blogger The MacBean Gene said...

I don't trust any of them either, Guy. Respect and freedom is what religion is all about. Too often that is not remembered.

5:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home