Saturday, February 03, 2007

Saturday Chronicles...Evening




They start young around here. This, as I have mentioned, is the is the world capitol of bluegrass music. As such it produces some of the finest of country gospel. This young man is a part of the Hylton family of musicians. Saturday night was a gospel sing in the small town of Vesta at one of the many churches in the area. I was told this young member of that family recently said he was not going to play with them any more because he was not included in the last recording session and only returned to the group after being

assured he would be included in the next session.

It was truly blessed evening which provided enough donations to sent the young man on the extreme right as a missionary to India. I am sure some people consider it peculiar to be sending someone to another country to preach the word of Jesus. But as believers we are given a commission "go into all the world to spread the gospel". "Gospel" after all does translate as "good news". And to me the joy and love included in those words is infinitely better hatred and destruction preached by others. And it does say that those of us who are fortunate enough to be preserved only by the grace of God are in the Bible called "peculiar people". I know I fall into that category and at least I have an excuse.

Ann, on the right, playing the keyboard also plays several types of guitars, banjos, harmonicas and who knows what else. She attends the little church we go to down in Willis and is known throughout the area as a wonderful musician and person. I have heard from many people how she and her husband had helped and provided for others.

After the sing there was a fellowship which included a auction of baked goods. First up was the pineapple upside down cake I had been eyeing. Opening bid...$5. and I knew this was not going to be a bargain. But it was for a good cause and I doubled it to ten dollars. No one else bid and Ann who was acting as auctioneer was not giving up so, against myself, I bid $11. to the amusement of the crowd. Then someone in line for the one dollar chili dogs bid $15. I had sixteen dollars in in my pocket and that took it and it was good

I am sure all those disturbing events of morning and afternoon were put in my way by the evil one to keep me from attending what turned out to be a wonderfully blessed evening filled with fantastic music, good friends and food not only for the body but also for the spirit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home