Thursday, November 24, 2005

Thanksgiving

Well, the Turkey (store bought, a note about the wild turkeys later) is in the oven, as are the sweet potatoes or maybe they're yams. I can never tell the difference.

It's a beautiful day on Groundhog Mountain. High sixties, sunny, clear. Quite a change from the snowstorm we encountered coming back from Roanake yesterday. That's right, had to go there again. More on that later, also.

Still have the stuffing, greens and sauerkraut to make, easy stuff. Pots and a few herbs, onion, a few other things that might be laying around the fridge, some heat and I'm done. You remember, "I cook, she cleans". I really try to be a neat cook but I'm never neat enough.

Think the locals who helped us move from Baltimore made off with the box marked "Queensware" . It may be behind some boxes. Everyone knows the joy of finding things after a move. I guess the generic wine glasses will have to do.

Atlanta's beating up on the Lions. Not a particularly bad thing.

The relatives and SWAMBO have gone to Felica's to pick up some last minute items, like sauerkraut and onions. Can't remember everything. Felica's is in Meadows of Dan and is really "Poor Farmers Market" but everyone calls it Felica's. The market across route 58 from Felica's and is really "Meadows of Dan Food Store" is known locally as "the market".

Smell the sweet potatoes and they're ready to stuff. Martha (who else could use jail as a career move?) had a recipe on the "Today" show for stuffing them that I'm going to try. Tries to pull it up on the "Today" site but couldn't find it. Guess I'll have to wing it. I do remember something about sour cream and butter. Seems like an excellent starting point.

So, Happy Thanksgiving . My only wish is that God gives you all the blessing he's managed to shake my way.

I'll leave you this prayer my step-grandfather offered once at Thanksgiving dinner, "Jesus, what a meal"
Did I ever mention I've instructed my wife to have "Jesus Is Just All Right With Me" by the Doobies at my funeral ?

3 Comments:

Blogger AB5SY said...

God had more then enough blessings to go around, after he left your home he stopped here and loaded me down with a bushel of his finest. Thanks for your visit and leaving a comment.

1:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Want to have some fun? Your poor farmer's market reference reminded me of a chocolate factory about 100 yards below said market in Meadows of Dan. Try to pick a weekday when the machines are running so you can see them make the chocolate and then eat lots of it. I'm sure SWAMBO will dictate how much you can have, at least when she returns from training.

8:54 AM  
Blogger The MacBean Gene said...

Nancy's fudge factory. Been there, done that, got the face break out.
Visit will fit in nicely this week, they are looking for help! And I will be unsupervised.

9:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home