Monday, January 09, 2006

Ready For Another Exciting Week?

Good morning Guy and Bonita and anyone else who may stop by.
The Today show just had an interview with Paul Bremmer, the former ambassador to Iraq, who has a new book out concerning his tenure in that country. I just Googled to find that link and most of the results were not complementary to the man. Interesting.... He reinforced my thought the administration did not anticipate the level of insurgency that has been experienced. It's just another facet that must be henceforth considered in this new type of wafare.
It's a warm day on Groundhog Mountain. Sunny and the temps supposed to hit the 50's. Think I'll job hunt. Love of my life, who told me yesterday she really didn't want me working has been praying I don't, is off to work. She is so protective and worries so much.
On to football, it's been quite a weekend! I hated to see Tampa lose, especially to the PC incorrect Redskins. I'm not much of a Jacksonville fan so that one really didn't matter to me. The good news is the Panthers put a real hurt on the Giants. It was kind of neat to see these guys from the back woods beat up on the city slickers. The best game so far this season has been Texas beating USC. Speaking of college ball I see that Virginia Tech has kicked Marcus Vick off the squad. His unsportsman like conduct in that last game, it seems, was the last straw. As if his previous DWI, speeding and pot possession weren't cause enough. In case nobody noticed we are in the heart of VT country. The school is about 60 miles from here and coach Beamer grew up in Fancy Gap, 10 miles down the road.
So it's off to greet the day, have a good one.

2 Comments:

Blogger Bonita said...

Good morning to you, Dave - yes, another work-week for most folks. I'm still counting my blessings that I'm able to be retired, and call the shots for my day. The days aren't long enough for everything I'd like to do.

8:44 AM  
Blogger The MacBean Gene said...

Isn't retirement great. The days go by sooooo fast, don't they.

8:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home