Thursday, February 23, 2006

It's Lucky Thursday, The 23rd



Our side yard was a winter wonderland last weekend. The weather has improved. It's sunny and in the 50's now.

It's been a busy week. Monday we drove to Floyd to pick up some work for my darling wife. Tuesday and yesterday we spent driving around the countryside picking up insurance premium. Last night was church and we got home around 9:30 and suddenly it was 11:30 and Fisal was trying to get us to bed. She takes such good care of us. I wish she would learn to change her litter box.

The big news on local TV is the 80 year old woman who drove 14 miles going the wrong way on interstate 40. Don't let it ever be said life around here isn't exciting.

I've been visiting a number of blogs but I seem to have brain freeze lately and when it comes to comments. I just sit and stare at the blank box and nothing even faintly clever comes to mind so I just move on. Just because I don't leave a little pile of scat doesn't mean I haven't been there. Spending my days driving my sweetheart around has seriously cut into my blog time. But it's been time well spent. Looks like we may be able to make the car payment.

The manager of the Sears in Galax is supposed to call me tomorrow about a job. If your the praying type say one that I get it. If you not the praying type (but you really should be, it works) wish me well and do whatever ju-ju thing you do.

Got to go now, the road to Dugspur is calling.

Have a good one.

6 Comments:

Blogger Bonita said...

Lucky Thursday the 23rd? Well, it shines well on me too...thank God.

I like your photo, and do appreciate the image of snow, always. Not the best for driving, but it is sure pretty.

9:00 AM  
Blogger Annie said...

My kitty knows exactly when bed time is too! Actually I think she knows that when I am brushing my teeth (she sits on the bathroom counter and watches) that I am about to go to bed. She knows this is the time I fill her water dish and give her food. Even if her food dish is still mostly full I must pick it up, go to the cat food bag and "fill" it up again. If I don't she will scratch on the bedroom door and not let me sleep until I fill her food dish. She must just need the routine. :)

P.S. I also wish that she could clean her own litter box! :)

4:16 PM  
Blogger mreddie said...

Like the snow scene very much. I too sometimes stare at the blank comment box like a deer in the headlights. Always want to say something wise and witty but something silly usually slips out. :) ec

7:11 PM  
Blogger Cowtown Pattie said...

I will telepathically send you my lucky mojo amulet - an old plastic wallet-sized card with a prayer to Our Lady of the Guadalupe...

7:19 PM  
Blogger The MacBean Gene said...

Bonita,I'd rather have the snow than ice. Compaired to other spots around here we don't get much snow. What's bad is the fog.

AD, Fisal does the "fill up " routine in the morning with her water dish. If we don't get up early enough she will wake us and lead us into the pantry making cat noises untill we give her fresh water.

Well, EC. Need to think. We have deer, we have headlights. We have snow scenes.

I see you are not the lost sheep you like to say you are, Pattie. A prayer is a prayer! That was the best news, even better than the comment from Capt. B. Don't worry, your secrets safe with me!

5:41 AM  
Blogger Cowtown Pattie said...

Hey, MacBean, don't get you hopes that high. Don't mean I got religion - I am just a keeper of odd and old stuff. But, it can't hurt to appease any and all gods when you need a smidge of good luck!

3:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home