Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Quick Post

New game; speed blogging. I have 15 minutes to spend with this activity then hour and a half drive to Roanoke. Yesterday left at 7:30 am returned home at 1030 pm. It's like the hours I used to work at the hotel.
The nice thing about the trip is it's up the Blue Ridge Parkway. Cruise control at 45 as that's the speed limit and getting caught speeding really is a federal offense. There's no traffic unless one counts the deer. We did last night coming home. The grand total on the 63 mile drive was 18. Thankfully, none were suicidal.

The culture and natural beauty along the Blue Ridge Parkway is admiralty reported on The Blue Ridge Gazette . It's well worth reading. Today's topic is Sheep Shearing at Thistle Cove Farm.

And the Lifecruisers have taken up the "A to Z' thing. If you want to see what it really means to "live life to the fullest" check out these two wonderful Swedes. They have such a marvelous way of looking at things.

So, my friends, I feel happy, I feel healthy, I feel terrific and it's off to greet the world.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, we are so HAPPY that you found us HEALTHY, because you're such a TERRIFIC guy :-)

11:23 AM  
Blogger mreddie said...

Haven't been on much of the Blue Ridge Parkway - only the southern end - but that end is certainly beautiful. My son-in-law's Dad helped build the parkway in his younger years. This work was mostly on the bridge over the James River and then a section of the roadway near Boone N.C. ec

6:09 PM  
Blogger The MacBean Gene said...

I'm so glad I have a positive influence, Kasia. To me attitude is everything. Now if I were going to Italy I'd really be happy.

I hope no one takes the shears to your hair, Ally. They are some lucky animals and we are some lucky people to be living in these beautiful mountains.

Mrs Lifecruiser, thanks for the compliment. I too am happy that I have made the acquantence of two such positive people as you and Mr. L. It's nice to know there are in Sweden people almost as crazy as myself.

Come on down, Billy, you and yours are always welcome on Groundhog Mountain. I know you would love the little church we attend in Willis.

And Mr. E.,the same goes for you as Billy. Boone isn't that far away. Hope you checked out the BRG as they have a lot of intresting information on the Parkway, which by the way, is what we use as our main road.

8:41 PM  
Blogger Leslie Shelor said...

Glad you're feeling well! I enjoyed doing the A to Z. And redbud is called by that silly name because the buds are a really deep red before they are open. I adore the purple when it blooms!

8:24 AM  
Blogger Karen Schmautz said...

Made me happy to read your post.

8:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just stopped by to say some cackle and clucks ;-)

1:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home