Saturday, April 01, 2006

It's True, You Only Rent It.

Thanks to Benning who hosts his writing pad from my old haunt of Largo, Florida for the great Beer Test. When I was a kid growing up in St. Petersburg (that's Florida, not Russia) a trip to Largo was the annual pilgrimage to visit the Pinellas County fair. Other than that there wasn't much there once the twenty or so mile drive down orange grove sequestered roads was accomplished. Now it's become part of the megalopolis know as Tampa Bay.

Anyway, if it has to do with beer, I'm interested. I guess it's as valid as the Great Green Test and beer is much better than mint. But Killians Red? Hardly a first choice but, other than Budweiser, I've never met a beer I didn't like. Well, I may not have liked it but I always drank the whole bottle just to make sure. And unless they have quit producing bottles don't even think of bringing anything in a can. Want to be welcomed with shouts of joy at the Villa MacBean? Just turn up with one of those great Dutch or German brews. Of course Yuengling, besides being the oldest brewery in America is inexpensive and very good, that'll work.







Killian's Red

(66% dark & bitter, 66% working class, 33% genuine)



I'll start with a quote from a review of Killian's Red that I think will reflect on you, too: "deep flavor, somewhat mild, with a moderate head." It goes on to talk about a "light caramel odor," and while that sounds nice, I don't think I can go that far in my analysis.

Overall, Killian's is a very good beer. The only thing that kinda sucks is that even though it says "Irish Red" on the bottle, this stuff's made by Coors, not peaty old Dubliners. I guess that's my way of telling you that you scored on the lower side of the "genuine" part of my test. Here's my guess: you're a sensible, likeable person, and you're popular among different groups of people. The test probably read that as a slight superficiality.

Personality-wise, you have refined tastes (after all, this stuff is kind of expensive), but you know how to savor what you get. Your personality isn't exactly bubbly, but you're well-liked nonetheless. Your sense of humor is rather dark, but that's just another way to say sophisticated, right?

As a real George Killian would say: Sláinte! Cheers!









My test tracked 3 variables How you compared to other people your age and gender:
















free online datingfree online dating
You scored higher than 35% on dark





free online datingfree online dating
You scored higher than 25% on workingclass





free online datingfree online dating
You scored higher than 6% on genuine

Link: The If You Were A Beer Test written by gwendolynbooks on Ok Cupid, home of the 32-Type Dating Test

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home