Saturday, April 01, 2006

Time Off for Good Behavior

I was given the weekend off and returned with utmost haste from the urban madness to my beloved Blue Ridge. If you're not in the environs of Goundhog Mountain today you have my sincere sympathy. The temperature is hovering around 70 degree F. and a cool breeze is blowing intermittently through the screen doors. A chorus of birds are serenading under the Carolina blue sky with an occasional white cloud breaking the sunlight. The red maple trees are starting to bud, a sure sign of spring. If I didn't already know there is a God who loves me, today would convince me without a doubt.

Raleigh, North Carolina is everything one could expect from a large city and less. The sales classes are intense from 8 AM to 5 PM with a lot of memorization work to fill the evening until this tired student falls onto the hotel bed around 10 o'clock. Other than a humorous "good old boy" ("tastes so good your tongue'll slap your brain" or "so much money you could use it to burn a wet mule for three days")) instructor the only bright spot is Tuesday and Wednesday "happy hour" when the hotel provides comlimentary beer, wine and pizza.

Althought I didn't always comment (it's that time thing) I did make it around to visit my blogging pals to catch up. Speaking of time, we lose an hour tonight to daylight savings time which means one less hour at home as I return to the city Sunday PM. Maybe I'll have time to add another post or two before I leave but here are three upon which my muse insisted.

10 Comments:

Blogger Leslie Shelor said...

Welcome back! I'm glad we have such a lovely day to greet you! I took a walk with the dogs this morning to see everything looking like spring. The birds were wild down in the stream ditch, quarreling at our invasion.

1:41 PM  
Blogger Leslie Shelor said...

Oh, and thanks for the changing the clock reminder! I wouldn't have thought of it until morning, when the computer told me I was up too early. Or is it too late?

1:41 PM  
Blogger The MacBean Gene said...

Thanks, Leslie, it really is a beautiful day. Just drove by your house and noticed how everything is starting to green up.

3:30 PM  
Blogger D L Ennis said...

Hey Dave, hope you are well! I have been so busy lately I haven't been able to enjoy much of this weather. I know you are happy to be home!

4:37 PM  
Blogger GUYK said...

LOL noone but someone in the labor pool cares about a time change. Us old retired folks don't even wear a watch--time bugs us and it goes by too fast.

Your instructor sounds like a fun guy--probably one of those 'good ole boy types' that could sell anything to anybody by selling himself first. Probably the whole secret to successful salepeople.

4:47 PM  
Blogger John Cowart said...

My favorite Southern saying was about a lawyer -- "He's so greasy that when the world ends, he'll burn a week longer than anybody else".

3:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you have a nice spring there. The spring has arrived here too, but it's still snow left... The birds is singing though and that's a wonderful thing!

8:23 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I am just now reading your post so you are off to the city again.
Hope all goes well and this is your last week.
It's spring, get back home!!!
See you, Betty G

11:32 AM  
Blogger Annie said...

Your description of Groundhog Mountain made me feel like I was almost there! It sounds so wonderful. I am so thankful that God has chosen to bless us through his creation. May we alwys praise Him when we enjoy it! :)

3:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know it's beautiful up on the mountain. I'm enjoying hearing about your adventures!

(Incidently -- you've been tagged!)

Love to SWMBO!

8:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home