Monday, November 28, 2005

Dark Days, Indeed

Twas a bleak day on Groundhog Mountain. The bleakest day of the bleakest month of the best year. Rain started yesterday as J.B., Howie, the Coach and Terry Bradshaw began talking about the Bucs and Bears.
Then the clouds rolled in and Gillian had nothing to do with it. It was Sunday and the love of my life was leaving for Richmond (sounds like an evil Shakespearian character). You see where this is going. If your not up to maudlin sentimentality and a grown man whinning skip on over to "Banes Rant".http://http://banedad.blogspot.com/ Oops, he's whining too but more colorfully.

That's our parking pad above. And missing, the Toyota and The Wife. She's off after child proofing the house. Anything I could have made a mess with has been removed. The laundry has been done so I have no excuse to recycle socks. "He won't starve, he cooks, but you know he can't cleanup". Now you know also we have no children, only Fisal, the attack cat. If a woman has no children she must mother her husband. It's in the wives manual. She worries about my being alone for a six days (SIX DAYS!). She knows I'll get into "some kind of trouble". I probably will even though I won't realize it.

I will have enough to do to keep me off the streets and out of trouble. I am going to use the time to find a job. We've been looking and if you've been following along you'll know SWAMBO found one and has gone to Richmond for training. I am still waiting for call backs, "mountain time" call backs! Galax employment office is going to be tired of my face.

"You will have your football", she said just before she went out the door. Yesterdays games were just what I needed to buck me up...NOT! Now I know my friend Rob, in Chicago, who has seasons tickets to Soldier Field was happy. I was not. What with the Bucs losing even though the Panthers won it hurt Tampa. I have to be a Panthers fan because it's their games they broadcast in this area. Since they are now leading their division I feel kinda like Paul Newman in "Road to Perdition" when he looks at Tom Hanks who is about to fill him full of lead and says, "I'm glad it's you".

Will I miss her? I now some idea of what a mother feels like, sending their child for the first day of school. I did tell her she should take the job and all it entails. But believe me a lot of prayer went into that decision. Besides it will do her good to be more independent. Yes, I'll miss her, I'll have no one to tell me to wash my hands.

2 Comments:

Blogger GUYK said...

Yeah, the Bucs lost but this time they lost to a better team. Losing is not so bad when you know they played their hearts out. But losing as they did to the dogass Jets and the lowly 49ers was sad-they stuck up the field. But, they still have chance for the playoffs. I still expect to see the top three teams in the southern conference in the hunt for the superbowl although the Giants were impressive yeasterday.
If I can ever figure out how to get my template to publish I will get you on my blogroll. But I am afraid to try it tonight the way blogspot has been acting all day.

4:49 PM  
Blogger The MacBean Gene said...

The Bears are good this year. I guess all those years they said they were rebuilding, they rebuilt.
I like the Bears, Ditka and I were born on the same day, a year or so apart. Thanks for the effort putting me on your blogroll. I need all the help I can get.
Dave

7:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home