Thursday, December 08, 2005

As For Me and My House, It's Christmas

I guess it's time to weigh in on the "holiday" brouhaha. This could get weird.

To me it's Christmas, the remberence of the birth of my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. To you December 25th may be something else and that's fine with me. As my stepfather, Ralph used to say, "You got enough to do just taking care of yourself". Maybe The Passover Plot is correct, maybe everything didn't happen just the way the New Testament says, maybe the atheists are right but I don't think so. I don't care what day Jesus was born 25 December is His day and that my friends is CHRISTMAS!

What's neat (and I think like a sign or omen or something) is that Hanukkah and Christmas fall so close to each other. Now that we have Kawanza, if we could just get Ramadan moved closer to the new year it would truly be a Holiday Season and that's what it is, a "holy day" season and as such...you see where this is going.
So why not wish those whose religion of choice, individually or collectively, we do not know "happy holiday"?
Even the atheists are covered with Thanksgiving, New Years and possibly Boxing Day. We all hold something "holy" even if it's "Victoria's Secret".

So let George send his "Happy Holiday" cards, he has enough other problems. When I get mine (ha) I'll just cross out "holiday" and insert "Christmas". Let Wal-mart, Target, et all, wish "happy holiday" , we know what's "holy" to those guys. And let me sit back and enjoy Christmas without all this stuff because this season of the year there's enough celebration to go around.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jenni said...

Merry Christmas!

10:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great post.

I'm enjoying the CHRISTMAS holiday season once again because I am done shopping...I don't have to fight the crowds and get frustrated...

I can sit back and just relax. This is a most wonderful time of year.

10:22 AM  
Blogger Bonita said...

Ah, yes, and there is also the winter solstice - we can't forget to celebrate the earth standing still for just a moment, before it heads slowly back again in the opposite direction. December - its a magical time.

12:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home