Saturday, February 25, 2006

Home



Back when I started this blog I didn't know what I was in for. October seems like a dream to me now. In the few short months since then I've been on an incredible journey to Germany, Sweden, Singapore, England as well as throughout the good old U. S. of A. I've been invited to peer into some wonderful peoples lives through their computer monitor. I've visited the horror of war in Iraq and the peace of frozen Alaska. I've become more of a person through these visits and have come to understand that whatever or whoever a person may be, we're all in this canoe together.

I didn't understand the technicalities of "the blog" so an early post I intended to be "Here, There and Back" wound up as a completely different blog. Recently it was visited by Benning who lives in what used to be the sleepy little town of Largo, Florida and he chided me for letting it "die".

Largo is now part of the megalopolis which is Tampa Bay. When I was a kid we would ride through the Pinellas County countryside to get to the Largo Fair. The countryside is now gone and probably the Largo Fair also. But it's nice to get a message to remind me of what once was.

So without further explanation I direct your attention to what's been A Long Time Coming.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice, liked your "old" post :-) It's fantastic to hear peoples stories and this was quite a change.

Yes, the bloggers world really is something, you get to know so many nice people, places and other good stuff! Right from our doorstep to theirs. Fantastic is the word.

It's like a reality bookshell!!!

4:36 PM  
Blogger Cowtown Pattie said...

Blogs are funny like that. We all started out a little shaky, looking for our "voice". Seems like mine just took on its own personality and now it is comfortable to be Cowtown Pattie

6:35 PM  
Blogger The MacBean Gene said...

From what I've seen your story is "quite a change" also. Mrs. L.
The reality bookshelf is a good analogy.

It lets our real pesonality or in some cases, like Bleak Mouse, to turn the imaginative side loose. Or any combination of the above. And with a almost certain guarentee of annonimity. That's the cool part, Pattie.

8:36 PM  
Blogger Bonita said...

I hope you enjoy blogging. It requires some discipline and care, just like everything else. And, yes, it does take on a life of its own.

9:59 PM  
Blogger The MacBean Gene said...

I really like the reality bookdshelf also. Ally, These Life cruisers come up with some pretty good stuff.

4:28 PM  
Blogger mreddie said...

Great looking place you got there. And I agree that it has really been eye-opening to check out the lives of folks all over the world. ec

8:49 PM  
Blogger GUYK said...

It is habit forming. I started off just telling lies and jokes but there was just too much political stuff going on for me to ignore and the first thing I knew I was talkin about politics as much as I was tellin' lies about fishin and jokin'.

5:39 AM  
Blogger The MacBean Gene said...

Thanks, Mr E. It's a very comfortable home just perfect for the two of us and our frequent guests.

It's worked well for you , Guy, you've got a lot of friends and admirerers around the blogspere.

9:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home