Sunday, April 23, 2006

Spring!!!



What a beautiful spring morning on Groundhog Mountain! There was the whirr of hummingbird wings as I replaced the bird feeder which we take in at night to prevent obesity in Bandit, the raccoon and Rocky, the flying squirrel. After a rain Saturday it's easy seeing green.

Traveling around southwest Virginia has delighted me with Dogwood, Redbud, Iris, Lilac, and Azaleas in bloom. Traveling being the operative word. Driving has become expensive even in the 32 mile per gallon Toyota; over a hundred dollars last week.

I won't complain about the "new job". It's what's been, for whatever reason, given for us to accomplish. I'm discovering the love the world has for insurance salesmen. Seems it's in the neighborhood of politicians and car salesmen. But then I figure if the majority of the American people dislike it there's got to be some good there somewhere. It's just a communication problem. Nothing lasts forever and there is another, better day about to begin.

5 Comments:

Blogger GUYK said...

Yep, I want some of that life insurence.if you can make it payable now and put a clause in it that my kids have to pay it all back.

8:37 AM  
Blogger The MacBean Gene said...

Sorry, Guy, health and accident only.

12:16 PM  
Blogger Leslie Shelor said...

We still love you (just don't try to sell me insurance!)

2:36 PM  
Blogger mreddie said...

Good spring photo - I do love the birdsongs as well. Especially the mockingbird that sits atop our security light pole and serenades the whole world. Don't remember seeing the Easter bonnet yet. :) ec

9:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhh, how I envy you the hummingbird (we don't have them here at all) and the bloom. We saw hummingbirds in south America but a different spieces.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lifecruiser/93490045/in/set-72057594056768293/

The Lilac (the only one I'm sure we have here) won't bloom until beginning of June here. *sigh*

Uhum, I could need a health insurance but a different one - to be and stay healthy ;-)

3:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home