Wednesday, October 18, 2006

It's Our Birthday!!!!


Yesterday was my birthday. But thanks to that loving couple in Sweden, the Lifecruisers, the whole world now knows. Sixty-sixth for those who may be interested in this sort of thing. I had done a post inviting one and all to the party but blogger had a birthday surprise for me also and the card said something about not being connected to blogger and not being saved. So it's too late yesterdays party but since today is the birthday of love of my life, Wanda the celebration goes on!

So your all invited.
Lifecruisers have sent a case of Dom (sorry, there's several bottles shy now) and chocolates.
Mr. E come on out of that blueberry patch and, yes, chartreuse flip flops are acceptable.
Betty, come on down to the mountain but leave the cold in Wisssconnnsssonn.
Sean, take the day off, you've done enough work on the fences for a while.
Leslie, some angora underwear would feel mighty good on some of these cool mornings.
Kasia, I've declared a school holiday in Poland today.
Alexander, bagpipes, there's got to be bagpipes!
Three Collie, I know you've got some good steaks in the freezer and let the kids do the milking today.
Benning, it's hot down there in Florida, come on up and join the party in the cool of Groundhog Mountain.
Patty, it's hot in Texas, too.
It would be nice if Fred, the sage of Floyd county, showed up and read a snippet from his most excellent book "Slow Road Home" but he's so busy with the hustle and bustle in the city of Check.
Now, of course everyone else is welcome.
I would like to send a special invite out to Linda, who lives in Maine and doesn't blog. She and I were friends when we were in high school, then lost touch until recently when she tracked me down. Do you know what it's like to hear from a long lost friend with whom one hasn't had contact in fifty years? She has lived a life as have I and now we e-mail and yesterday I received a birthday card from her. Both Wanda and I have been blessed with wonderful and lasting friends over the years. We are so fortunate you all (or as we say in the south, y'all) are included among them. Thank you.

9 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you for the invite but I will only show here and wish your love a happy birthday, too. I hope I understood that right.

And what a beautiful picture. It is precious and what a gorgeous love you have. She is lovely.

My best to you both.

Betty G

12:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, oh, such a lovely couple and I must say that Wanda is the most beautiful bride! *whistles*

I've been trying to comment here earlier with big problems.

So, I'm late for the cake throwing and popping the balloons and spraying you with the Dom's...

And I'll sing very loud and bad, dance funny all night long and then pass out on your sofa, totally WRECKED by all the giggling!!!!

4:17 PM  
Blogger Alexander said...

Happy Birthday, MacBeane. I had no idea. 66 aye? I'll be that age one day (unless life has other plans). Bagpipes? After 2 minutes of Bagpipes, I think the novelty would wear off.

6:08 PM  
Blogger Sean said...

Happy Birthday! Hey, Chuck Norris turned sixty six this year also. But I bet you could kick his arse :)

Sean

6:25 PM  
Blogger mreddie said...

Thanks for the invite - I'm just about six months behind you in age. Hope you and the Missus had great days. ec

8:07 PM  
Blogger Lori said...

Happy Birthday!!

9:56 PM  
Blogger Leslie Shelor said...

Happy Belated Birthday (I've been out of town) And I do have a pattern for angora underwear.....

12:37 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yes, I enjoyed your party but I just noticed you were still partying til nearly 4 in the morning.
I couldn't stay!!!

So happy you are such a happy couple. Happy couples are a blessing.

Betty G

7:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww, thanks for the invite...and I hope you have (had) the most wonderful birthday imaginable....actually we are fresh out of beef, but will be remedying that situation very shortly.
The kids doing the milking concept...I REALLY like that idea. lol

10:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home