Tuesday, November 29, 2005

This is the path I made on our side yard. The rocks I carried a few at a time from around the woods. The bench from the rhododendron brush that was cut when I moved in. Saw, hammer, nails..."Gonna build a bench"
(questioning look from SWMBO). Next year hope to get a stream and pond beyond the bench. Its been started but tough digging what with roots and rocks. The wildlife will appreciate the water. The oak stump was left by God as a place to put a bird feeder.

I took this picture as I was leaving for Galax. Galax (pronounced like Exlax) was named for the mountain plant and when these were in vogue for floral arrangements did a thriving business. It bills itself as the "Mountain Music Capitol of the World". And it is. Last August was the 79th annual Fiddelers Convention. It may of been 75th. In any case they've been fiddelin' in Galax for a while. It's not just for fiddelers, there's all sorts of pickers as well as groups. It's where Mountain Music meets American Idol.

Notice no carrying on about SWMBO being gone. I visited Capt. B http://shepherdaway.blogspot.com/ in Iraq. Now here's a guy in the thick of it, a Marine separated from his worried family for who knows how long.
However you feel about the war Capt. B will give you new insight. Well anyway, considering his situation and mine, I'll take mine, thanks to him and those like him.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there..I followed your link from GuyK's place.

The pictures are beautiful! Your neck of the woods looks great.

10:14 AM  
Blogger GUYK said...

Great picture Dave. But those rocks look to much like work to me! I am still having problems with my template and can't get it to publish plus something has happened that I can't find that will not even let me put a correct time on my posts. I guess it is time to call on my blog mom for help

4:46 PM  
Blogger GUYK said...

Just managed to update my blog roll and got you on it-finally

5:19 PM  
Blogger The MacBean Gene said...

The rocks were moved two and three a day all to the accompanyment of "be carefull, don't lift that one it's too big" and other words of encouragment from SWAMBO. Thanks for adding me to your blog roll.

8:51 PM  
Blogger Cowtown Pattie said...

Oh gee, I love that bench! Very, very cool.

"Hey, honey! Come look! I want one!"

6:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home