Tuesday, January 24, 2006

So Little Time, So Many Blogs

I am agonizing over time. My blog time. Since I have been driving love of my life around the southwest Virginia countryside I don't have the time I want to visit the fine blogs (I think they're the best) I've accumulated on my blog roll. I skip around leaving a comment when it springs to mind but I really don't have time to digest the wit and wisdom of my little community.

Driving these mountain roads is not like the interstate. The steep ups and downs and hairpin curves take constant attention. Our Toyota Celica loves this kind of driving and I do also but it's takes a toll. We get home around seven PM, my old eyes tired and my old back aching from sitting in the car all day. Last night it was all I could do to stay awake during "24" and was forced to skip "Medium" all together opting for the warm comfort of the waterbed. Fisal's usual prowling around the bedcovers didn't even disturb.

I can understand Wanda's having some trepidation about visiting these remote areas alone. She's a city girl and a beautiful woman at that. But this is not the city and the people here are not from "Deliverance". I think once she gets some time in she will become more comfortable going solo.

Our last stop yesterday was at a brick masons who had a remarkable collection of arrowheads he had found while working on various foundations. We didn't have change for his premium payment so he said to just keep the four dollars. We'll leave it in his mailbox today.

Well, got to google the days driving instructions.

Just because I can't leave a comment doesn't mean I'm not paying attention. We may not agree on everything but that's a good thing. If we all thought alike what a boring world this would be.

It's a beautiful, sunny day, maybe I can get some pictures.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about not having the time to leave comments at blogs you visit, and about not having the time visit all of the blogs you want to visit.

1:08 PM  
Blogger Bonita said...

I hope you can continue to drive Wanda everywhere - you'd be surprised how many good memories come from such shared activities. I admire her, and you for helping her. I have natural reservations about a beautiful woman going alone to remote places.

5:42 PM  
Blogger The MacBean Gene said...

And the older I get the faster the time goes, pablo. Thanks for visiting.

5:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey..you are helping out your woman and that's more important than bloggin' honey.

But I bet after a while she'll be going solo like you said.

Glad to hear she's doing so well though..Good Luck Wanda! Make that Big Money Girl :)

10:24 PM  
Blogger The MacBean Gene said...

Thanks for the words of encouragment, Sandy. And you're right about helping her out, I figure it's the least I can do since she's doing the work.
We do have good memories, Bonita. As much time as we spend together if we didn't love each other so much we probably would have done bodily harm by now.

4:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home