Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Got Out Of Bed, Dragged A Comb Across My Head

This morning after the usual rituals I will, for the first time in over a year, don a suit and tie. It's not that I mind because most of my working life I've worn a tie of some sort. Only one job, if you don't count the tux, required a suit. I really don't have to do the suit thing now, but as some of the more perceptive of you might have noticed, I'm a little crazy.

I'm off to Roanoke (again) to talk to the insurance poobah about the job. They like their people well dressed. So I will attire myself in "well dressed".

It's, as you know if you've been paying attention, a long drive. That's why this is a short post. I'm scheduled to arrive at 10:00 AM. It's now 7:30 AM.

Was going to post a picture but Blogger has a hangover.

Have a good day. More news from Groundhog Mountain later.

Bye

7 Comments:

Blogger GUYK said...

I don't even own a tie anymore unless you count a couple of Western Bolos as ties. They will suffice as long as one is also wearing cowboy boots.

I had to waer a tie for too many years and after I retired from the USAF I threw away ever damn tie I owned. Now I won't even button the top button on my shirt let alone the one that buttons around my neck and chokes me.

10:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sure the meeting will go well :-) so I don't say good luck - and it will be to late for that...

It must be hard to feel comfortable in a suit and tie, not at all how it is for us who have to wear a skirt and nice shoes. As long as we don't have to over-do it with high heels..pheeew...

I mean for one party evening is something completely different from a long work day after another!

3:44 PM  
Blogger The MacBean Gene said...

Well, Guy you're in Florida and the official uniform there is shorts, t-shirt and flip flops. Hawaiian shirts for formal wear. But you know what Z Z Top said about a well dressed man.

As I've never denied, I'm rather strange, Mrs. L. I actually feel comfortable in a suit and tie. I guess it's because I had to wear one for so many years. And you are right it always seemed better than panty hose and high heels and all those other things women have to wear.

5:12 PM  
Blogger Leslie Shelor said...

Hope things went well!

8:03 PM  
Blogger mreddie said...

At the wife and daughter's insistence I bought a new suit several years ago (my others were out of fashion) and wear it only to funerals and weddings (in some instances these two occasions are closely related). This is the only time I also wear a tie. ec

8:21 PM  
Blogger The MacBean Gene said...

They did, Leslie. It was pretty much a given since I'd met these guys before and since I can say insurance without laughing they wanted me to work for them.

I've got several suits from the hotel management days, Mr. E. so the wardrobe is no problem. It's just finding the ones that have pants that will go around the waist and still button.

9:13 PM  
Blogger The MacBean Gene said...

Probably once a week for now, Billy. But around here it's so beautiful, getting ther is half the fun. And then there's the Toyota Celica + Mountain roads = some fun driving.

8:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home