Thursday, March 02, 2006

The Neighbors

Being a little curious I clicked on that "next blog" thing. I mean how bad could it be? Well my blog neighbor is Kasia, a teacher in Poland. She seems to be encountering the same discipline problems as many of the teachers in this country. She has, at least, imagined a solution straight out of Ally McBeal. Looks to me like One Ordinary Life is not so ordinary.

My virtual drinking buddy in Singapore, Binty McShea is in a race for the Blog of the Week at A Mischief of Magpies. I think he was exiled from Scotland for failing to meet his quota of drinking whiskey while eating chocolate. He, of course, denies that saying it was because he had completed his and was working on other peoples. In any case he's about as opinionated as any of us and considering who he's up against could use your vote.

And I would have never learned about the popularity of vintage American motor cars amongst the Nobility of the Swedish had not it had been discussed at Lifecruisers .

And that's what I've been up to. Gossiping about the neighbors but that's a the way it is up here. And what's more everyone knows it. I was sitting in Floyds (I have so much I should be doing right now) Barber Shop getting my hair cut when a lady who had just come in from a Mt Airey civic meeting came in and commenced to give the lastest word going around. But then she stopped, looked at me and said "you're not from Mt. Airey are you?" She knew.


By this time anyone who doesn't admit to at least the possibility of global warming is in a time warp. Mountain temp is supposed to be in the 60's (sorry I don't know the C. , I can't even spell it) today. Yesterday set a record in Winston-Salem.

Wanda came down with, what Dr. Huff labeled as "bronchitis" , handed her four prescriptions and the credit card took a $95. hit. The money seems well spent as she is feeling much better today. The health care is very good around here. I called 8:30 and they scheduled her for 9:30, was home at 11:30. One stop shopping, clinic and pharmacy.

Today we've got to head on down those insurance trails as so far this week there's been no production. And that means no pay.
Bye!

4 Comments:

Blogger mreddie said...

Glad she's feeling better - I like the one-stop shopping thing. ec

8:41 PM  
Blogger Bonita said...

We were talking with some friends who live up in Alaska - they said the melting of the permafrost up there has caused serious damage to village life. Can't hunt, can't count on your home staying upright.

Yikes. Those prescriptions cost a lot - I always ask the doctor to give me a generic brand, as cost is always a factor. They can write up something cheaper.

10:43 AM  
Blogger The MacBean Gene said...

Thanks Mr. E., The health clinic is great. I pay less for my blood pressure pills without insurance than I did in Baltimore with insurance. We try to get the generic brands whenever possible. It was the antibiotics that were $85.00 which was half the regular price. Believe me, Bonita, I asked.
Many lives will be affected by the global warming. They have been predicting what's happening for a long time but like always the people who could have made a difference didn't listen.

2:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, sorry to hear about the bronSHITis thing, hope she will e free from it soon.

Thanks for the nice linking :-)

Have a really marvelous weekend, we will!

3:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home