Friday, January 12, 2007

I Must Have Been a Very Good Boy


My many years of suffering the agonies of a 6 shot, 2 megapixel digital camera have ended and I have come into photographers nirvana. Santa brought me one of these super Canon 710 7.1 megapixel cameras with a 2 GB card, capable of storing hundreds of pictures. It's a point and shoot or the manual function can be set for more sophisticated photography. One day I will understand the 137 page advanced user guide but for now I'm mastering the 29 page basic guide. The wonderful thing is I can now more accurately capture the fleeting moments of beauty and the more intricate and delicate textures of the amazing environment I experience each day.

7 Comments:

Blogger GUYK said...

That is nice! I want one with the 6X or more zoom. My little Kodak is fool proof and for me to use it it has to be fool proof. But it only has a 2X zoom

8:29 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I, too, could use a better digital camera but I am happy with the one I have.
Now, start posting pictures of your neck of the woods.

Glad you are back.

Betty G

9:44 PM  
Blogger threecollie said...

How much zoom does your new one have? Mine only goes to three X and it just isn't adequate.

7:25 AM  
Blogger The MacBean Gene said...

This too os fool proof, Guy. The auto point and shoot works like a charm.
Pics are on the way Betty.
It seems I have what Guy wants 3C with the 6X. It makes the image stabilization a great feature.

2:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

More zoom is a must after a while. At least 6x which you have now. And stabilization is not a bad thing either....

I had 4x on my point and shoot and then Mr L got one with 10x, guess how jellaous I've been on that! Especially when out in the nature trying to capture birds....

Then I bought my big "baby Sam" with 15x zoom, so I got some compensation, but that is still no point and shoot camera with much zoom.

I'm thinking of buying a new one soon since my point and shoot is almost worned out.... *s*

Have fun with your camera, I'm looking forward to more photos :-)

2:54 AM  
Blogger Sean Pecor said...

Congrats on the camera upgrade! It's nice to see some quality photos on your blog to accompany your thoughtful comments!

3:31 AM  
Blogger fred said...

Oh camera-joy! Keep'em coming from the high country, I'll cover the shadowed hollers, and Doug T can have the in-between.

5:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home