Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Words Women Use

I must give my hearty thanks to Ruth, she of the numerous tags, at Reflections for the following. Wish she would have clued me in on these about fifty years ago.

WORDS WOMEN USE

FINE

This is the word women use to end an argument when they are right and you need to shut up.

FIVE MINUTES

If she is getting dressed, this is half an hour. Five minutes is only five minutes if you have just been given 5 more minutes to watch the game before helping around the house.

NOTHING

This is the calm before the storm. This means "something," and you should be on your toes. Arguments that begin with 'Nothing' usually end in "Fine"

GO AHEAD

This is a dare, not permission. Don't do it.

LOUD SIGH

This is not actually a word, but is a non-verbal statement often misunderstood by men. A "Loud Sigh" means she thinks you are an idiot and wonders why she is wasting her time standing here and arguing with you over "Nothing"

THAT'S OKAY

This is one of the most dangerous statements that a woman can make to a man. "That's Okay" means that she wants to think long and hard before deciding how and when you will pay for your mistake.

THANKS

A woman is thanking you. Do not question it or faint. Just say you're welcome.

Oh, and before we forget ...

"Whatever"

...it's a woman's way of saying *!#@ YOU!


Note from Dave:
Guys, remember the two most important words in a mans vocabulary, "YES, DEAR"!

6 Comments:

Blogger Leslie Shelor said...

This should be required in "Relationships 101"!

6:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not a woman. Seriously. I never fit in to these descriptions of women and Mr Lifecruiser never fits in at descriptions of men.

Oh, I guess we're just crazy maniacs :-)

7:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The hubby found these words particulary helpful as well (lol). Still dont think he understands though ....

Love to you and SWMBO!

8:33 PM  
Blogger John Cowart said...

Why didn't somebody clue me in to all this 40 years ago?

2:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I'll print this and tape it to the bathroom mirror, where my husband can read it each day.

9:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been trying to learn Adobe PHotoshop and it has been consuming all my time.

Tim Tampa Taxi Shots

3:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home